Informative guide for the transportation of passengers with disabilities or special needs
1. A service to all
This guide aims to inform our passengers Aeromar services available for people with disabilities to ensure their accessibility equal in the exercise of their human rights and freedoms.
In Aeromar know that most people can travel by air without difficulty, however the needs of traveling people with disabilities or medical conditions, cover a wide range and are difficult to satisfy in full cataloging.
Our responsibility is to provide comfort, ease, accessibility and safety for all passengers, including those who pose a mobility challenge, or those with health problems (as long as the Shuttle tickets not represent a contraindication).
You must remember that is who has the better sense of the service requires, therefore, we recommend that you let us know how to help, and after your flight make us noted the successes, failures and what can be improved in service which received, so that feedback serve.
This information guide is intended for people with disabilities or health conditions who want or require travel Aeromar, to know and identify the services they have provided for their care.
The first recommendation is: book your flight as early as possible.
It is advisable to know if you have a disability and what help required for movement or effective communication, with an advance of 48 hours prior to your flight.
- If you have trouble to use stairs, or you can not use them.
- If you are fatigued distances between desks documentation and the boarding gate, consider that at some airports the distances between two points are long.
- If you require wheel chair and / or chair pasillera to enter and exit the plane.
- If required and you are traveling with a service animal.
- When traveling in large groups and if most have a disability or health condition.
- If you require medical treatment on board the aircraft.
3. At the airport:
AEROMAR is responsible for:
- His attention during the documentation process.
- His transfer between the living and the aircraft last wait. And, upon arrival to the baggage claim hall.
- His attention to board the aircraft. Are wheelchair user:
In AEROMAR transport your wheelchair, without being part of the baggage and without extra charges.
If you want to travel with your own wheelchair, you are asked to arrive half an hour before the regular time of documentation, to make preparations for his wheelchair. Please note that you can reach the bottom of the plane in a wheelchair, which will be documented last minute, giving the corresponding label, upon arrival to your destination you will be given at the foot of the aircraft and shall deliver the label provided; or we can provide a wheelchair on loan, so you can document your wheelchair since the counter.
Note that wheelchairs permitted in AEROMAR for transportation are:
- manual wheel chair.
- Wheelchair dry battery (gel / lithium)
Are forbidden for transportation using those chairs wet batteries.
In AEROMAR commit to taking all precautions to prevent any damage to the wheelchair. But to be safe, keep your luggage removable parts or pad to prevent loss. We recommend developing an identification for the wheelchair your name, flight number, address and a contact phone number.
If you want to get in his wheelchair to the boarding fee, for your comfort do we ask in advance to avoid passenger traffic. For your convenience and security, the landing will be after the rest of the passengers.
If your wheelchair is documented from the counter and stored in the luggage compartment, the chair we provide to you on loan will serve you so you can move from room to our desks and boarding the plane to the Board baggage claim upon arrival and a pasillera chair in and out of the plane.
If documented his wheelchair and it gives you a wheelchair loan and makes a scheduled connection, note that the wheelchair can be moved with luggage and must use a wheelchair borrowed while in the waiting room.
If your wheelchair batteries used, avoid disconnecting damage and spills during the journey. In addition, provide the battery information using her wheelchair, so it can be classified as dry battery, wet or lithium battery and can be transported without risk according to safety standards. Remember you are not allowed to travel with wet batteries.
Note that not all airports have facilities for you to get your electric wheelchair to the aircraft door.Should not have an aisle AEROMAR telescopic approach will provide a pasillera chair up and down the plane comfortably, so we recommend inform in advance about their mobility needs.
Most airports in the country have basic conditions of accessibility and not the responsibility of the airlines provide services within the Air Terminal.
Batteries for electric wheelchairs.
Batteries are categorized into two groups. Reversible and not reversible.
These are called "dry batteries". Lithium batteries are also reversible.
- This battery can be left on the chair or mobility equipment if it is solidly fixed.
- No need to disconnect if the poles are integrated into a battery container or isolated (to prevent shorts).
- The switch must be in position off / off.
Batteries Not Reversible
These are called "wet batteries" which are not permitted for transportation.
Note that if the batteries of your chair does not meet the safety criteria, you may be prevented transportation.
Passengers with visual or hearing impairment.
In AEROMAR implement daily efforts to provide information and the necessary approach to ALL their passengers. The vast majority of airports have screens that provide clearly written and information, plus relevant information and announce the approach by loudspeaker.
On board all our aircraft are available in Braille Security Flyer and macrotypes language. If the information was not clear, ask the crew of Flight Attendants safety information.
Note that in the country there are still not enough interpreters of Mexican Sign Language duly certified to train staff of all airlines.
During the flight.
In AEROMAR members of the crew of Flight Attendants are highly qualified to ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers on the aircraft. It is advisable to discuss with them, in advance, if you require any assistance in particular during the course of the flight.
Note that is an international policy that no member of the crew of Flight Attendants has allowed help you consume your food or personal hygiene. They are also not allowed to charge any passenger or provide medical assistance, such as injections. In case you need any of these attentions, you are advised to travel with a companion to support you.
Should you require but do not have a companion who will provide this support, you must take into account that AEROMAR is not required to hire or get him one. It is therefore very important to contact us in advance and discuss your particular needs.
Consider traveling with a companion if you identify with one or more of the following:
- You can not move on their own from their wheelchair to a seat or toilet.
- Not able to move freely without assistance.
- Communicate despite the language assistance.
- Unfasten and fasten itself seatbelt.
- Taking a life jacket for your site and credit them yourself.
- Yourself placed an oxygen mask.
A comfortable seat.
The fleet is made up of teams AEROMAR ATR 42 and ATR 72 on each computer that flies may have folding armrests. If you require special attention, ATR teams will be assigned a seat in the rear of the car (for its proximity to the gateway of passengers and crew of Flight Attendants).
Take note that short-haul flights to smaller aircraft with little interior space and restrictions inherent in its design.
According to your needs and availability, request the following types of entries:
- Passengers entering the airplane with a pasillera chair and can not move her to a seat should request a seat with folding arms, if available.
- Female travelers who require personalized assistance during the flight must travel accompanied and will be assigned a seat next.
- Female travelers who require dealing with your service animal must request an aisle seat.
- The traveling people with a leg cast should request a seat near the passenger gateway corridor.
- Do not allow any passengers with disabilities occupy an adjacent emergency exit seat.
Due to increased levels of airline security after the September 11, 2001, the following note to travel with your medications:
- Prepare a bag or briefcase to carry your medications and doses needed at hand. Do not leave them in your luggage.
- It is also highly recommended to have on hand your prescription, written in English if your flight is international preference, make sure that the recipe requires use syringes indicate whether the application of the dose.
- In AEROMAR not have equipment to refrigerate medicines, take precautions such as driving a thermos or insulated bag sealed, as required for preserving their doses.
If you have a service animal, such as a guide dog, you can travel with it. If your animal requires traveling to your next service, remember that you can not occupy a seat, even if unoccupied, or obstruct the movement of other passengers or their comfort. If traveling with a guide dog will be assigned a seat in the hall.
If traveling on an international flight note that most countries implement strict policies regarding the arrival of foreign wildlife, take all precautions to avoid mishaps and misunderstandings in customs.Some measures include a passport attesting to the animal as a service animal and an official primer applied vaccines.
Service animals other than guide dogs, such as emotional support, they can not travel in the cabin with you, unless it is proven with medical documentation (letter from the treating psychologist or psychiatrist) that it is essential that you travel with them. Not have the necessary documentation will be treated as a pet and must travel in the baggage compartment, assuming the cost for transportation of the pet and meet the necessary requirements.
Passengers with medical conditions.
Note that, if you identify with any of these points, requires medical clearance for the trip.
- Has a contagious disease.
- Have any medical conditions, the effects of which pose a risk to other passengers and crew.
- If you require constant medical monitoring, or medications to control their health. Note that the crew of Flight Attendants are not allowed to give injections.
- If your health can be threatened by the duration of the flight.
- If you require any specific position of rest, taking into account the space constraints of the ATR and CRJ equipment.
- If your pregnancy is irregular or has exceeded the period of 7 months.
Remember that your cooperation is important for your safety and that of all passengers.
Please note that airlines can only provide oxygen on board the aircraft in an emergency. If you want to carry an oxygen cylinder in your luggage, remember that you must go empty and depressurized also qualify for transportation (the mass of each oxygen cylinder can not be greater than 5 kgs).
Passengers who require it be used without restriction Portable Oxygen Concentrator.
According to the CO’s authorized SA-09.2/13 POC devices are certified for use in aircraft according to standards of the Radio Technical Commission for Aviation (Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics, RTCA for its acronym in English), whose models on the market that can be found on the following website for ready reference:
Passengers who require it can carry with it a Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC) under the following conditions:
- The portable oxygen concentrator (POC) is considered non-hazardous material and is within the relief goods. Not account for the range of luggage on board, whether used or not on board. Should be sized to fit under the seat or in the overhead compartment.
- Additionally, the user must ensure that the battery covers on the POC onboard the aircraft are protected from a possible short circuit, and packing them in such a manner to prevent physical damage to the unit.
- When a POC is carried as hand luggage and not used during the flight, the battery must be removed and packaged separately unless the POC contains at least two elements of effective protection to prevent accidental operation of the apparatus.
- To prevent accidental activation, the POC which are transported as checked baggage, batteries must be removed and placed in hand luggage. Such batteries must be adequately protected to prevent any short circuit. If a passenger needs to use a POC on board must comply with the following requirements prior to boarding the plane:
- The passenger shall notify the airline that will travel and / or use a POC onboard the aircraft, which must present a medical certificate authorizing him to travel by air, which must contain the full name, professional license, the address, telephone number and signature of the attending physician.
- The passenger traveling with a POC may not be sitting in an emergency exit in case you need to use it in flight, you must to warn the crew of Flight Attendants.
The hub must take it and present it to the passenger Passenger Service Agent and Surcharge when requested at any time during the trip. It will be your responsibility to ensure you have enough batteries to power the POC during flight, in case required.
Note that our planes do not have electrical outlets for connecting ventilation equipment on board, therefore, passengers should check the autonomy of the device, and if necessary, provide additional batteries in case of deviations or delays.
Connecting to respiratory outlets onboard devices.
Regarding the breathing apparatus, should be considered that aircraft AEROMAR not have electrical outlets to connect on board.
Other cases of health.
It can help to address provided with medical equipment and where it can be conveniently stored under the seat, remember that this application of collision with medical equipment, must be accompanied by a medical authorization.
You are advised to charge an extra battery backup. (Wet batteries are not permitted).
If your medical equipment exceeds the weight and size allowed per passenger will apply the appropriate fee for extra luggage.